My Four Most Treasured Handmade Gifts
My four most treasured handmade gifts:
1. Knitted anything and everything from BFF's. Especially, hats, socks, socks, and more socks.
2. A collection of stories written by my grandmother in College in the 20's (complete with notations by the instructor). She loved creative writing and really wanted to be an author. Unfortunately, she was not supported by her husband or son and dropped out to stay home. She did however, become one of the original house flippers. I'll bet she used her creative writing skills to sell houses, restaurants, and hotels.
3. A string of Pearls my other grandmother wore (not the strand the Goose wears). My uncle brought them to her from Japan when he was stationed there in the 50's.
4. A small packet of Marigold seeds. A few years ago, a friend and I traveled to India, a land where Marigolds grow prolificity and smell heavenly. Seeds found their way back and were planted on her organic farm. I was gifted with fourth-generation seeds and memories in each bloom.
5. OK. I said four, but in all fairness there have been five. For my birthday a few years ago my brother drew a cartoon of me during different stages of my life. My brother, wildly creative, is not known for his drawing abilities (which made it all the more dearing). It was a HOOT and I deeply treasure it.